At KBC, we believe that the Word of God creates the people of God. Moreover, if the Word-through the testimony of the prophets and the apostles (Eph 2:20)-is our foundation, then church membership is the cement that holds us all together. The Scriptures harmoniously point us toward church membership and its purposes to encourage, protect, and instruct us. We seek to carry out the vision of church membership through a four-step process:
- Communicate Interest—Simply communicate your intention to become a member by filling out the form by clicking our event here. (the event is only accessible if a membership class has been scheduled and announced)
- *Membership Class—The curriculum is composed of four separate class sessions that include the following topics:
- Orientation/History of Keystone Bible Church
- Church Constitution & Statement of Faith
- What is the Gospel?
- Why Join a Church?
- What is a Healthy Church?
- What is a Healthy Church Member?
- KBC Philosophy Distinctives
- Life as a Church
- Membership Interview—Each prospective member will meet with an elder to provide basic biographical information, to recount their understanding of the gospel, and to testify of God’s saving work in his or her life. Upon satisfactory completion of the interview, the request for membership will be presented to the elders.
- Congregational Affirmation—During a worship service, one of the elders will present the candidates for membership. Questions are fielded, a vote will be taken, and with majority approval, the candidates will be admitted into membership.
*Membership class is offered periodically throughout the year at both of our campuses in Odessa and Wesley Chapel. Upon completion, those who have attended all class sessions in the course are able, but not obligated, to sign up for the third step of the membership process, which is the membership interview.