The health team continues to monitor the pandemic, the current guidelines, and practices. We are following Florida’s guidelines and acknowledge that there has been some flexibility to faith-based organizations. We also acknowledge the need for Christ during these unprecedented times. Here is the direction we will follow for the near future understanding that things may change in the coming days and weeks.
1. Since March 2020 we have only had approximately 20 positive cases in our church family, and we monitored those cases very closely, including contact tracing when possible. Praise the Lord for His protection and sovereignty over our church family! At the present time there are three known active positive cases in the church family, and all are quarantining at home and will return to our services after the quarantine period and/or a negative test. We have asked those individuals that have tested positive to contact anyone they may have been in contact with. Most of the cases have been mild and none have been life threatening.
2. Florida is in their documented phase 3 approach and KBC is also within our phase 3 approach. That policy and phased approach are documented on our website for your review.
3. Per our phased approach we are no longer following social distancing guidelines.
4. If you are part of the Vulnerable Population, you should consider watching our services via the live stream and not attending in person. We understand this is a personal decision and we respect your desire to attend our services in person as a Vulnerable Person if you so choose.
5. At this point, we are not required to wear a mask to attend our in-person services. We respect your decision to wear a mask or not wear a mask.
6. If you would like an alternative approach to in-person worship including social distancing, please let us know and we will accommodate.
7. If someone in your family tests positive for COVID-19, please let me know personally. Please DO NOT attend any in person services or events if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or if you have any symptoms. If you do not feel well or have had direct contact with someone who has had Covid please stay home out of abundance of caution.
8. Our recommendation is that you still avoid handshakes and hugs.
9. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally or to send an email to email@example.com.
We also want you to know that we are making the following changes at Keystone immediately to ensure that our gatherings minimize the spread of COVID-19:
Should you attend a service in person?
First and foremost, if you are experiencing any symptoms of flu, cold, or sickness we would strongly suggest you choose not to join us in person until you feel well. We will be providing our services online through livestream on Facebook, YouTube, and our website. If you do not feel comfortable in attending at this time, please feel free to join us through our online outlets.
As you arrive for our gathering, you will still be met by a smiling hospitality serve-team volunteer, but we will not be showing our love for you by way of handshakes, fist bumps, and high fives during this season. We are asking all attendees to please only enter through our front entrance into the lobby and exit out the side door in phases led by our hospitality team volunteers at the end of the service. This exit is by our office entrance found to the left of the stage.
It is typically our practice to dedicate a portion of time in our Worship Service to shaking hands, embracing, and greeting one another on the verse of a song. We will forgo this practice until the immediate heightened risk of coronavirus has lessened. We will be providing seating in our worship center in accordance with the social distancing requirements laid out by the CDC, state of Florida, and Hillsborough County. We will also not be handing out any physical bulletins or handouts during this time.
The Lord’s Supper:
We will continue to honor the Lord by partaking of the elements of the Lord’s Table and will trust Him to protect us as we obey Him with that critical function of life in a New Testament church. However, we will provide the elements by using disposable single use cups. We will not be distributing elements person to person.
As we are settling back into normalcy amidst COVID-19, we are temporarily not providing children’s services or classes (nursery through 5th grade). This will allow us sufficient time to develop thorough policies and procedures to ensure the cleanliness of our facilities and to have an opportunity to train our volunteers as well. We hope to resume our normal children’s services and classes in the very near future, Lord willing.
We are adding new hand sanitization stations on both campuses, and we ask that you use them often. Our cleaning teams will ensure that our restrooms are fully sanitized prior and following our gatherings. We will be asking attendees to only use the front restrooms in our lobby at this time. Sanitary single-use seat covers will be available as well in both men’s and women’s restrooms.
The use of cloth face coverings are recommended by the CDC but are totally at the discretion of the individual. There will be some individuals wearing face masks and others will not. We will be adhering to strict social distancing guidelines outlined by the state and local government agencies as well as the CDC during our gathering. Please do whatever you feel is necessary to protect yourself and your family.